Playing catch-up

The best way that I can think to catch you guys up on the last four months is to take pictures from my phone and put them here.  I vow never to not blog for four straight months again.  I hope.  Actually, it’s been so long since I blogged that doesn’t exist anymore!  Peter said something about Google not supporting something, but I’ve got my IT guy on it.  He conveniently lives with me.  So for now, we just have to use the address.  Have no fear!

Aaaaaaanyways.  These pictures are in chronological order.  

This was my knee after my last blog post when I fell off the ledge.  Ouchie!

I went to Canada for work and the booth across from us had someone carving things out of big ol’ blocks of cheese!  Kind of gross, actually.

We went over to the neighbor’s house and Pete got to try out our neighbor’s new bow and arrow.

My very own Katniss Everdeen.  Two bulls-eyes!  We were all shocked, to say the least.

I got a new decoration for the kitchen.  Yummmmm

The Birthday Boy!

I went to South Africa and got to go on another safari.  I saw some wildebeests in the gorge, but Simba wasn’t there, so all was well.

Africa is cool.

A couple weeks later, the women of the family went to Disney World for Taylor’s 21st birthday.

It was awesome.  We went to a luau on her birthday and drank fancy drinks that were divine.

Then I got to go on another safari in the Animal Kingdom.  Pretty awesome.

Happiest place on Earth.

I’ve been fortunate enough to be able to go to Disney World a few times.  This time, we ate at a few places we had never gone before, including Tony’s from Lady and the Tramp.

The next day we had lunch at Beauty and the Beast’s castle.  It was awesome.  That movie was one of my favorites when I was growing up, mostly because Belle had the same passion for reading that I did (and still do).

We went on some Star Wars ride and I got REALLY motion sick.  Like, if the ride would have continued for 3 more minutes, I would have needed an airsick bag…  This was obviously the before picture.

We spent some time in the WONDERFUL sunshine drinking fancy drinks.  This one was heavenly.  Take me back!!

I spent too much time in the sun (YES I WORE SUNSCREEN, ASK MY MOM) and got HORRIBLY sunburned.  I could hardly walk for two days and was essentially in constant pain.  It was a very sad return to reality after a wonderful vacation.

I made fish tacos with mango salsa for the first time ever and it was so delicious.  I could have eaten this right out of the bowl.  Actually, I did.  Oopsie!

We had our neighbors, my sister, and her boyfriend come over for the Badger game when they were in the Final Four.  It was really sad when they lost.  So. Close.

When Taylor and Kyle visited, we played board games on Sunday morning.  Our new favorite is “Ticket to Ride”.  I despise when Peter wins. 

The snow finally melted, and we could put out our patio table and chairs!

When the snow melted, we had a TON of water.  The river in front of our house went over the road!

Nice little pond in the backyard.  More like a swamp, actually.  But I didn’t care, because the snow was on it’s way OUT.

And then Mother Nature gave us a big “EFF YOU” and we had like, 4 inches of snow.  This was the end of March, in case you’re not from Wisconsin.

Easter Sunday was awesome weather.  What a great day.

We’re a great looking bunch.

Pete and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary.  Time certainly does fly!!

I had spring cleaning fever.  I wish I would have taken a before picture so that you could get the full effect.  Turns out, if I don’t fold a basket of laundry right when I take it out of the dryer, it will sit for days and days.  (I’m working on getting better…)

I bought outdoor dining plates.  I love them.

I took an unexpectedly cold shower one morning at 5.  At 10 that night, Pete did some investigating and learned the the water heater was broken (something with the pilot light and it wouldn’t re-light or something).  He did some youtubing and found a video on how to fix it.  We were both shocked that it actually worked.  My very own water heater repairman.  It’s like my dreams have come true!

This was my face when I watched the season finale of Revenge.  I sent this picture to my friend who also follows the show, but couldn’t watch the finale until the next day.  If you don’t watch that show, you are missing out – clearly.

More spring cleaning!  I love how my kitchen looks when there aren’t pot and pans and dishes all over the counters.  

B came over and we PAINTED THE BASEMENT!  I need to do the trim still, but man, what a great feeling to have the majority of the painting done!  What a great friend.  I had to do an exercise about 10 days ago where I had to set short-term goals, and one of mine was to touch up some spots that we missed on the walls.  So I’ve got about 10 days to finish that.  One of my 12 weeks goals (same exercise) was to paint the trim, so I’ve got a couple of months to do that.  And by heavens I will GET IT DONE.

This is Peter in heaven.  We had dinner with some friends and Pete got to have some quality dog time with their dog Petunia.  He was soooo happy.  But I am still heartless and won’t let him get a dog of his own.  I’m so thankful for our friends that get dogs so that he can have dog time.

We had a Taco Potluck at work and I made churro cupcakes.  They were soooooo good.  So good.  

We even had a piñata!  Just like Mexico!!

My family came up and visited over Memorial Day weekend and it was wonderful.  Except the mosquitos.  That was really unfortunate.  A great way to celebrate the start of summer!!

Nora and Joshua were really happy to spend time with us too.  Party Animals.

When I was showing my grandpa our house over Memorial Day weekend, we went down to the basement to find a bunch of water.  One of the pipes outside froze this winter, and we didn’t know it until we turned the hose on.  It’s all dried up now, but it was kind of depressing.  It’s a good thing that I’m OCD about storage, so everything was protected in the RubberMaid containers!

Pete and I finally decorated our bedroom.  I love it.  And it also helped that I dusted, so the furniture was actually polished instead of being covered in a layer of dust.  

Look!  Wedding pictures on the wall!  It only took two years…  By the way, our bedroom looks all picked up like this about once a month.  There are usually clothes on the floor and the bed is only partially made (Pete straightens the comforter every morning).  But obviously I only take pictures of it when it’s looking all straightened up.

I finally finished the hallway!  Woohoo!!!  I love it.  It looks fantastic.  

This is my favorite cluster of pictures.  Obviously because it features me and the love of my life.

Well.  That’s it.  That’s my update.  Hopefully it won’t be so long next time!!

Oh, and HAPPY SUMMER!!!!


1 thought on “Playing catch-up

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s